If you’re charged with the offense of DUI, it is imperative to phone a lawyer as quickly as possible. A DUI conviction can turn your life upside down, not only potentially putting you behind bars and on probation, but also causing you to endure extensive fines and a tarnished name. It is imperative that you hire a lawyer for the best shot at saving yourself.
Some of the possible consequences that come to anyone who is convicted of a DUI Crime:
· Time in jail. A DUI conviction coms with mandatory time in jail.
· Tarnished Name. The conviction is public record that anyone can access and see. It can be used against you when deciding on jobs, homes, and more.
· You may lose your job or home.
· You may lose friends.
· Fines are pretty steep for those convicted of a DUI crime.
· Want to go to class? Many judges require people who are convicted of DUI to also attend drug and alcohol counseling/classes.
· You may be placed on house arrest or forced to wear an alcohol monitor bracelet.
This is not a full list of the potential consequences of a DUI conviction. It is safe to say that you do not want to face any of these punishments all for a little bit of fun.
Call a Lawyer for DUI Help
With so many ramifications of a conviction, it is safe to say that it is in your best interest to contact a lawyer. When there is a lawyer there to represent the case in court, there is less risk that you will be convicted. And, if you are convicted, the lawyer can help reduce the sentence that you receive and perhaps save your name. It is a small price to pay after a DUI charge. Don’t risk your life when there is legal trouble. Make sure you phone a lawyer and get the expert legal services durham nc that you need.